SansAdresse

The idea is to cleanly separate the frequencies (I am just going by
the textbook!), and to avoid sending to the main speakers the low
frequencies which may drive them into distortion. (Bach's organ music
is played on the system.)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:38:00 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

The low-out will go to a powered subwoofer.

I use an unpowered subwoofer. For your case, I would tap the low off from
the speaker outputs, combine them and feed that to the powered subwoofer.
That way the remote vol control will still work as expected. I'd use two 100
ohm resistors feeding a 10 ohm resistor and connect the powered subwoofer
input to the connection point.