B.B.

In article ,
Eric R Snow wrote:

Well, I've been making a real mess of things. It takes lots of
practice to use one of these things! I can't see where the front of
the bucket is. I can't tell what angle the bucket is at. How far can
the tractor tilt before it rolls? I need a tilt meter. And all those
levers! I have always had plenty of respect for folks who operate
heavy equipment and make it look effortless. But now I REALLY respect
'em.
ERS

I've played with that very model (Case Construction King) before. In
addition to the important things the other guys said, the backhoe
connects to the ass end by a couple of hooks and big threaded anchors to
hold it on. After using for some time those hooks and anchors wear and
develop play. If you notice the rear end of the tractor wiggling around
and rattling check those and tighten. If they get too loose they can
let the hoe shift enough to scare the bejeesus out of you and perhaps
worse.
If you're worried it might get stolen, paint it pink.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/