DanG

Jonathan,
You really need to stop posting the same stuff so many times.

The cracks look like normal, garden variety cracks in a plaster
wall. You can v out the cracks and use either setting drywall
compound or Imperial plaster to repair the crack. Particular
attention needs to be paid to the finish texture of your repair
work if you want to truly disguise the patch. This will require
repainting the wall to cover the work. There is a fair chance the
crack will reappear.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"JonathanF" wrote in message

JonathanF Wrote:
Hello,

Here are some pics of my parents house (I'm living with them
while in
college). Anyway, I was in my room, and I stood up a second to
look out
the window (next to my bed), put my hand on the wall, and
started
feeling something crumbling under my hand! Had I not pushed
against
the wall I would have never known that "crack" was there, but
when I
pushed against it, it started to cave in. I then traced it
(pushing
agsinst the wall, following the crackling) and found this! Is
it my
parents' house just settling?

I'm thinking, the previous owners just painted and filled over
it,
otherwise the cracks would have been visible if they happened
since we
moved (and before the previous owner painted over it)? Or
would it be
possible for it to track and the paint not crack with it?
Before it
looked 100% normal? We live in a two story house. The
upstairs we
live in, and the downstairs is a fullsized basement. So what
should we
do?

Picture of crack going down the wall
[image:
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/9296/cracknwall16tq.jpg]

Here's the link to an upclose and big picture of the crack
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/3530/bigpi...cknwall5ta.jpg

Help? What do you think I should do?

--
JonathanF