raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article . com,
wrote:
I took a good look at the pcb, checked there was mains going in to the
transformer, measured a few diodes and transistors etc. but my eyesight
is not up to dealing with surface mount stuff these days - Give me a
power driver board from a pinball machine any day!

Assuming both your eyes are nearly the same, get a pair of powerful ready
made reading specs from Boots etc just for this sort of thing. Much more
useful than a magnifying glass. I've found +5 added your normal distance
prescription about right.

But what are you expecting to see?

While big power components have the potential to go out spectacularly,
those carrying signals are much better at dying in a more discrete
manner

--
geoff