BigWallop

"John" wrote in message
I bought a replacement Hozelock fitting for a relative's outside tap. The
tap already had a (cracked) plastic thread adaptor sleeve fitted. I

removed
this expecting the Hozelock fitting with its own reducer to fit - but it
didn't (quite).

The tap is possibly about 25 years old - I presume the thread spec has
changed - will I be able to get an adaptor?

(Changing the tap is not an ideal option - the stop cock is a pig to get

at)

Regards

John

The threads are normally half inch or three quarter inch BSP, depending on
the tap of course, and this hasn't really changed in many years. The only
real difference is some have a tapered thread and some have a parallel
thread.