news.tiscali.co.uk

Your best bet is to visit a hydraulics supplier (try yellow pages, search
hydraulic hoses etc). They'll be able to 1. tell you the thread sepc and
2) be able to either make an adaptor for you (£5) of get one of the shelf.

HTH

MP
"John" wrote in message
I bought a replacement Hozelock fitting for a relative's outside tap. The
tap already had a (cracked) plastic thread adaptor sleeve fitted. I removed
this expecting the Hozelock fitting with its own reducer to fit - but it
didn't (quite).

The tap is possibly about 25 years old - I presume the thread spec has
changed - will I be able to get an adaptor?

(Changing the tap is not an ideal option - the stop cock is a pig to get
at)

--

Regards

John