Tom Del Rosso

"Al" wrote in message
. ..

But, I just did an experiment which tells me that the PS is probably not
the problem. I borrowed a Compaq and pulled its working ATX PS. The
resulting behavior was the same - power on for a moment only.

!!!

Are the wires on the connector of the Compaq PS all the same colors in the
corresponding locations?

Compaq made a lot of proprietary power supplies with the voltages all in a
non-standard order on the connector, but they used the standard type of
connector so you can plug it into any ATX board. At least they made them so
the wire colors indicate this, so you can tell if you are alert.

Dell later did the same thing, and still does. I am told by one guy that
Compaq follows the standard now.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.