toller

"Swingman" wrote in message
"toller" wrote in message

If I am missing something, I would sincerely appreciate having it pointed
out. I probably won't glue because it will be messy and I don't think it

is
necessary, but I can't see why it would hurt.

We seem to be chasing our tail here ... If you say so.

There is not enough detail in the picture to tell the grain direction on
what are generally the tables "aprons" upon which the table top rests.
What
appears to be an "apron" in the photo may indeed be a solid piece of wood
spanning the structure under the table top. (Indeed, I hope that is the
case
if you are planning on glue as your method of table top fastening.)

The problem with giving any satisfactory advice, besides inadequate detail
in the photos and confusing descriptions, is that your table appears to
not
use generally accepted table construction methods.

I think I have figured out the communications problem. No matter how many
times I say that the side panel is solid butternut with the grain running
the same direction as the top, people see it as a crossgrain problem because
aprons normally have grain running the opposite direction.

Bookcases always have side with vertical grain, and that is how I built
this; rather than like a table.
It may be unconventional, but if it works for bookcases, why wouldn't it
work for this? The front has some cross grain to the sides, but since since
nothing is wider than 1", that can't matter; and the back will be plywood.

I will post a picture of it when I am done.