Peter Ashby

Default life cycle of the ant?

In article ,
Andrew McKay wrote:

I happen to think highly of ants. If there's a possibility of
creatures being able to pool intelligence they've got to be a living
example of the concept.

In that tiny little body they can't have much in terms of brain power,
but collectively they know how to survive and deal with everything
life throws at them.

Rather than brain power it's probably got more to do with some sort of
undiscovered chemical system - a chemical system with legs and
disconnected parts

yes, the social insects are very much a success story, and we humans
think we invented farming and animal husbandry. We are beginning to
understand how they do it, or at least some of the chemical cues they
use. It is remarkable the sort of complex behaviour you can get out of
an apparently rather simple nerve net too.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.