Doug Miller

In article ,
says...
I've been trying to get some tabletop clips from the local Woodcraft
store for several weeks now. These are the ones that look like a
figure eight from the top and are flat with screw holes. Seems
the warehouse hasn't any in stock either. [...]

Do you have a Rockler store nearby? Item # 21650. Or if you're not in a
big hurry, order over the web.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...ferings_id=786

So I'm looking at alternatives.[...]

I know there are other tabletop clips but seems to me I'd need
to buy a router bit to make a slot for those as well.

You mean the ones that are sorta Z-shaped, like these?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...ferings_id=784

I use my biscuit joiner to cut slots for them.

Lee Valley has them, too, at a much better price:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41306,41309