George

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
If I only get one face jointed then I am still trying to resaw with a

"bad"
edge sliding on the bandsaw table.

"George" george@least wrote in message

Seems that all you'd _really_ need is one face, no? Except that you're
usually planning to glue up the thinner pieces, in which case it's a

damn
good idea to join/rip/optional join while thicker.

Depends on what you're referencing, I guess. I use a tall pivot and
reference the flat face only for those times when I'm trying to get the
"natural" look, or when I might have a particular grain match that only a
couple lines ripped later can accomplish..