mike hide

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to a tear of and re-roof of a property I own . The roof is about
33 squares and is a hipped roof of no more than a 6/12 pitch.
The 1X6 decking seems oak but there could be a few bad areas as we as
facia too . What are the typical unit costs labor and materials
separately for this job ?

Dr Roof a local roofer just did a house across the street from me in
Buckhead . The cost of materials should roughly be the cost of the squares
required which in turn is detmined from the square footage of the roof ,plus
an allowance for profit on these supplies . The cost per square can be
easily assessed from a trip to home depot.

the cost of labor ! well for a relatively small roof on the aforesaid house
it took about a dozen guys about 2 days + to rip the old roof off and
install the new . lets say $12/hour per roofer as a rough estimate so on
that basis labor would be about 12* 12* 16 [2 days at 8hr per day] =
$2304.

So I am guessing the roof ran about $3500--$4000.......my guess mjh