Jim Alexander

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article . com,
mjbarnard wrote:
Bosch, DeWalt and Makita all have similar models around the 200 ukp
mark. Having looked at previous discussions and recommendations of
others I am inclined to go for the Makita.

However my neighbour is a chippie and he tells me that the latest
models from Bosch are significantly better than previous ones - and
very highly regarded in the trade. He has all DeWalt - but would go for
Bosch.

All I would add is that I've never been disappointed with Makita.

I've been pleased until now with my 9 year old mains Makita SDS, however
recently the brushes stated sparking. Replaced them, yes easily obtained,
unfortunately it was still sparking. Silly me I hadn't spotted one of the
commutator segments was shot. A new armature costs about £50. Perhaps not
statistically significant but I'm disappointed and will replace with a
mid-range, Erbauer perhaps, at little more cost than the cost of replacement
Makita brushes and armature.

Jim A