Andy Hall

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:39:29 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mike Harrison wrote:
The trick is to use lots of little taps, not a few heavy clumps.

And of course hit the nail square - often not that easy when up a ladder,
etc.

I also prefer a club hammer - or at least a heavy one - and light taps
with that rather than harder ones with a light hammer.

However, as has been said, for a really neat job drill the bricks and use
the special plugs.

There are some plugs that I found on the Screwfix site 89036 which go
into a drilled hole and then a cable tie can be attached. I bought
some and they work well.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl