Jake

It's not much fun parking your car in the snow :-) My wife would be
even less enthused. Many cold, cold winter nights. It's not just
buying a shaper, it's buying the bits at $30 bucks a pop. I'd rather
have a good router, router table, and bit set, especially just starting
out. There's also the issue of 220 wiring. There's a cost associated
with putting that in. The original author said the table saw was 220
volts. The doesn't mean it's a cabinet saw. I have a craftsman
tablesaw, 220 aftermarket motor worth about $200. Does Rich have a
dedicated space, or will he be dragging this jointer across the room
when he needs it or purchasing mobile bases? Just my thoughts. Extra
$$$ and inconveniences he may not have thought of. If he intends to go
full out, it doesn't sound bad, but it really depends on the specific
table saw, the condition of all the tools, space constraints, budget
constraints and frequency of intended use.