Edwin Pawlowski

"Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...

It would
make for an extremely expensive paperweight (others will argue you can
sell it).

I'd make that argument.

I wouldn't even buy a $1200 cabinet saw starting out. My
dad does good occassional project work with a craftsman contractors
saw. They can be had for around $600. I started the same way, but
have graduated to a cabinet saw. I would recommend graduating to
larger and better tools as the need arises and your skill level
develops.

Your argumnehnt would be well made if he was starting out with new tools,
but this sounds like an excellent buy. I have to assume he can afford it or
he would not be asking.

You'll have the opportunity to buy high quality tools at
good prices, when you need them.

I've been looking for about four years and have not run across a deal like
that yet. I would have jumped on it. Mayber my time will come, but in the
meatine, I enjoy using what I did buy.

It's
just as bad to have a garage filled with $10,000 worth of tools that
you don't know how, and will never use.

But if you piad $5000 for those tools and can sell them for $7500, what is
the downside?

It is cloudy now, but the sun will be out on Monday. I hope your blanket
dries out.