Ray Sandusky

Keith

If it were me, I would put the lathe in a position where you will have good
sightlines to the entrance - I can not tell you how many times I have jumped
through my skin when someone has come up behind me while turning.
Unfortunately, my garage only will allow me to set up my machine with my
back to the door - so I will be jumping through my skin on into the future!

Also, consider the window as a source of light from your side or back - it
will not be a good thing if the light is in front of you as you will be
forced to look into the bright light. The lathe should be positioned so you
are looking at a blank wall or a solid surface - this will help you to
better see the form of your workpiece and provide a backdrop for you, It
will also keep people from walking in front of the lathe opposite of where
you are working.

I hope this helps

Ray Sandusky
Brentwood, TN

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi

I have enlarged my shed to 10 x 17.
Any suggestions for Lathe placement besides the obvious.
Staying clear of windows etc.

Keith