willshak

On 1/22/2005 9:39 AM US(ET), Steve IA took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Mikepier wrote:

Try adjusting the water level a little higher in the tank.

I've tried it at the recommended level and at the maximum level (+3/8")
with no significant change. thanks.

Steve
41N

Is the handle rod hitting the top of the tank? Make sure that the chain
that operates the flapper is at the extreme end of the rod. When the
flapper is closed, make sure there is just enough slack in the chain to
allow the flapper to seal and it is not hanging down on the flapper.
Check to see that the handle assembly is tight in the tank hole and is
at the correct angle to allow the handle rod to reach its maximum height
without hitting the tank lid. Even with all that, the drop in pressure
when the water nears the bottom of the tank may not be enough to keep
the flapper open in the outrushing water (I may have invented the word
'outrushing').

--
Bill