geoman

"CharlieB" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a vented hanging natural gas heater in my garage that will go out at
times while running. There is a small explosion when it does this and the
explosion blows out the flame. I have to re-light the pilot to restart it.
Other than this problem the heater works fine however there is an area
around the pilot where the flames seem too high. The heater is only used
when needed and the pilot runs constantly.

What should I check to find the cause of this?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie

This is a serious condition.

If you don't get a someone in that knows what they are doing you can be
killed. I'm not exaggerating about this at all. It may be extinguish 'pop',
in which case you may need new burners.

Being that it doesn't run that much really doesn't matter, things corrode
and rust just by sitting around. I have noticed that sometimes the worse
equipment are those that aren't used.

Call someone before you die or get injured.