Joseph Meehan

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:40:16 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:37:21 -0500, "Larry Sue" wrote:

It's just above 0 F and my heat pump is working almost non-stop. Is
it more economical to turn electric heat strips and leave the
outside unit off? I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

In general, leave it run. One would need the electricity cost in your
area,

I would love to hear the theory behind that one.

Theory? You dont know how to figure balance point of a home? If you
would read between the lines you just might figure out that the poster
is complaining that the heat pumps runs almost 24/7 and is wondering
if it should be turned to "em ht" and skip the condensing unit
operation of her system. With electric as your back up, its still more
efficient to run the heat pump than to just turn it off and run on
electric resistance, even down to 0 degrees. Look at the performance
specs of the unit and you might be able to understand.
Just so you know, I have a gas 2 stg var spd gas furnace with a 14
SEER heat pump, fossil fuel kit and H/W Vision Pro stat. I **** with
it all the time and I know what Im talking about. Would you like to
see my utility bills before and after my heat pump addition, Joseph?
Theory? God Damn idiot.
Bubba

Very nice Bubba but how does the price of electricity get into the
formula? After all that was the question.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math