Justin

Default 22mm to 15mm compression reducer

Hi Justin,

Yep, manual vents would be best, but even these should not be necessary.

You
would only need vents if you are fitting the pump at high level in the

high
point of an inverted U. This is usually a no no with most manufacturers (I
believe there are special pumps made for this purpose but they're not the
usual run of the mill).If you are fitting the pump at low level, bleeds
should not be necessary. Of course, If you want to add manual vents to be
sure, it can't do any harm.

BillP

Decided to fit the vents but on a short stub above the pump on the pressure
side of the pump. The pipe work here goes up from the pump, horizontal for a
short while then down under the floor. The certainloy made filling and
priming the pump a doddle, you could hear the air hissing out as the circuit
filled. I then ran the shower with the power to the pump off to purge any
remaining air. Supprising there was very little drop in flow or pressure
than the previous gravity system.

If I was to do this again I would perhaps save the money and use manual
vents, although I do have peace of mind that any air will be automatically
expelled.

The shower is now a fantastic experience, I've used a 2.25 bar Salamander
whole house pump which allows boosting of just one of the supplies. It
boosts all the hot water downstairs (bathroom is downstairs) , since the
new kitchen tap killed the hot water pressure. I felt like I'd been pressure
washed this morning.

---