Gerry

Gerry wrote:
FreddieLIVES wrote:

Guys/Gals

I have an old pre-frabricated garage, which is made up from pieces of
concreate. Over the years, it's started to leak through the gaps in
the concreate slabs which make up the walls. Instead of forking out 5
grand plus for a new garage, I was going to attempt to seal the walls
using an external waterproof sealant (Thomson waterproof concreate
sealant, etc) and for the gaps, something like UNIBOND waterproof PVA.
I was going to attempt to use a foam product (don't know which one)
but I think the gaps are too small.

Does this sound plausible?

Any advice would be helpful.

Freddie

Freddie,

Not sure about the seal situation but i have just been on an 'Asbestos
Awareness' course so i would urge you to make sure that your garage isnt
made out of asbestos cement... this was heavily used until the mid 70's
on as it gave a really high strength to the concrete without taking up
too much room like rebar does. Its no problem unless its broken or
chipped though. Better safe than dead in 20 years!!

Gerry

Apologies for the seemingly senseless advice then chaps... I thought
that it might be a good idea to check it, thats all!! Obviously not.

The chap that ran my course did tell me that men quite like to be macho
about asbestos though, that lots and lots of people think that 'they
wont get affected'... breathe deep boys ;o)

Gerry