T i m

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:11:08 -0500, **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**
wrote:

But do show the repairman what you did because if you don't and if you
did solder short some connections you will drive the poor ******* to the
funny farm trying to figure out the fault!

LOL

Hi Joe (In all modesty I don't think any TV repairman would find fault
with my soldering. I have been doing it too long and am far too
fastidious to let a less than 100% joint 'go') ;-)

But of course, I am an honest bloke and anyone was to look at it now
would be given the full rundown (after all, TV's aren't my 'game') ;-)

I have nothing to hide and further when I am asked to help someone
when they have 'mucked up' their PC I have to give them some credit
for at least 'having a go' ? (after all, isn't that how we learn?).

My logic re this TV was this.

It cost me nothing.
It cost me nothing to try fiixing it myself
It would cost nothing to throw away and I would have lost nothing.
Even if fixed I'm not sure if I have a home for it and don't
particularly want to sell it.

I wouldn't actually chuck it away without at least seeing if I could
get a friendly TV person to take a quick look at it.

All the best ..

T i m G7ICQ