Jim Adney

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:46:31 GMT "Martik" wrote:

"James Sweet" wrote in message

The 2 wires to the brushes have the 100VDC, I do not know what the others
are for.

Here is a picture, the red and blue wires go to the brushes:

http://www3.telus.net/martik/motor.jpg

While most small DC motors that I'm familiar with these days have
permanent magnet stators, 2 extra wires imply that there must be a
stator field coil. Your photo is very good, but it's too close up to
see the whole motor and how it's built.

I suspect, however, that it has field windings which are not getting
any power. It needs voltage across BOTH the brushes AND the field
windings.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA