BillyBob

"Martik" wrote in message
news:tN2Id.133362$KO5.30849@clgrps13...

BTW, how do you like the windows? I think the inside finishing, especially
the corner welds, could have been better. Also the sliders only slide

about
an 1/8-1/4" into the frame whereas my other NAP windows slide almost to

the
end. I purchased them mainly because of the price and lifetime warranty.

I'm at home using an offline reader, so I may look like a different guy, but
I'm the same Bob or BillyBob (can't remember how I'm configured).

I like the windows a lot. I don't have anything to compare them to from
another housing experience. I live in Houston where energy efficient
windows were unheard of 3 decades ago. The windows operate smoothly, made
the house quieter and dramatically evened out the temperature in the house.
I really look forward to seeing their effect in our horrible August heat.
One thing that is really weird - they don't look all that dark to me, but
when the sun comes through them, its like the radiant energy is completely
stripped. During cooler weather, I always used to stand in front of a bank
of windows where the sun comes in and enjoy the warmth. Now I have light
coming through but no radiant heat. It freaked me out at first. and yes, I
liked the warranty.

My house is a light colored hardi-plank (newly installed) and the white
window frames look much better than we ever expected.

Bob