Bubba

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:37:21 -0500, "Larry Sue" wrote:

It's just above 0 F and my heat pump is working almost non-stop. Is it more
economical to turn electric heat strips and leave the outside unit off? I'd
appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

In general, leave it run. One would need the electricity cost in your
area, the balance point of your home and the specs on your heat pump
to determine which is more cost effective to run and when.
Its a heat pump and they run a lot in cold weather. If you dont like
it, turn it off and turn the back up electric heat on. Then watch the
electric meter spin off the wall.
Bubba