Chip C

Chris Lewis wrote:

Canadian code is now "catching up" with the NEC regarding GFCI on

kitchen
counters, and now explicitly permits unsplit 20A 120V circuits with

GFCI as
a substitute for split duplex 15A. Further, if you still want to use

split
duplex, you have to use a dual GFCI breaker.

But the GFCI's are required, in Canadian code, only on the outlets near
(1m) the sink, right?

[I still think the split-duplex 15A solution is better than a single

20A,
but it's now very expensive to meet code on them for kitchen counter
purposes. They're still great, legal and cheap for a workshop.]

Apart from the outlets near the sink, can the rest of the kitchen not
be wired with the traditional split-duplex 15A circuits? My reading of
the latest P.S. Knight book leads me to think so.

Chip C
Toronto