Chris Lewis

According to :
I have a Miele vacuum and it was shorting out. the salesdude at the
shop said it was "motor mounts" and I need a new motor. Is that true?
I suspect that if I can buy the motor it would be pretty
straight-forward to put it in myself and probably cheaper. does
anyone have a clue as to where I can get one in the US or someplace
inexpensive to ship from?

what are "motor mounts" and if they're broken, shouldn't I be able to
just replace that?

What do you mean by "short out"? If it's what I think you
mean, I can't conceive of how defective "motor mounts" would
cause a motor to short out. Stall maybe and trip a thermal
breaker maybe. Short? No.

If you're sufficiently handy and brave, why not dismantle it
to the point of exposing the motor and blower unit. Take some
time to clean out any crud you find, and see whether the motor
and blower hand turns, or, something obvious is loose or busted.

I have a Miele, but I don't feel like taking it apart to see
what yours looks like
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est