Phil Munro

But is BX armor cable ever used with plastic boxes? I don't think
metal or even plastic conduit is used with plastic boxes, ... is it?
I would assume that metal conduit or cable would mandate the use of
metal boxes? --Phil

Mark wrote:

The problem with using the BX cable armor as a ground is probably due
to the difficulty of making and maintaining a good electrical
connection to the armor at the ends of the cable. The clamps at the
boxes are not the most reliable.

And how do you deal with plastic boxes? The dedicated copper ground
wire is much easier to connnect to.

Mark

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555