:::Jerry::::

"Mike" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

I was listening to a chatty radio show this evening and someone
mentioned that he knew someone who put £10 of deisel in with the
petrol on every fourth fill-up. He swore it prolonged the life of

his
engines - and sure enough, his car has so far lasted 30 years....

Just thought I'd pass it on... and listen out for your comments.

Rich

If you want to prolong the life of your engine and g/box use "fully"
synthetic oils, not diesel fuel

Bollox ! Other than on engines that have been designed to use such oil

as
requirement. IMM again seems to have taken marketing blurb as gospel....

Changing oil and filter every 6k and driving in a style that is kind to

the
engine will be just as good as spending a small fortune on fully

synthetic
oils.

I think you're being a bit strong here. When Mobil 1 first appeared we

were
able to stop changing the oil three times a rally. In fact it would
probably have lasted several rallies, such was it's lack of degradation
under harsh conditions.

I think the operative word is 'rallies', here we are talking bog standard
road going cars...

Also changing oil and filter every 6k would cost more than using a

synthetic
every 18k.

No it would not, unless you buy oil from the retail rip off stores or petrol
forecourts...