Mike

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

People use BP Ultimate petrol now.

There is very little difference between different brands of petrol sold
in the UK. Very little indeed. Many people seem to be able to convince
themselves that they can 'feel the difference', but it would never stand
up to a double-blind test.

Blends do seem to differ, my old '75 V8 Rover didn't like BP, Shell or Q8
leaded 4 star back in the '90's, it was more than happy on the Esso or
Tesco's own brand, even though AIUI they all came from the same

distribution
depot - you tell me !...

And I do know how to judge an engines performance / well being etc., it's
part of my trade.

I think modern engines, especially injection ones, can adjust to fuels far
more readily than in the old days. I remember having to drive only by
certain routes as my RS2000 would only happily accept BP or Esso. It really
did not like Shell or Mobil despite as you say them all probably coming from
the same place.