IMM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Grunff" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Well, the guy in question was an old farmer IIRC.

This explains a lot. I know many farmers...

But what about Redex? It was once the in-thing to ask for a a couple
of squirts every time you filled up, but no-one seems to bother any
more.

That was a looong time ago. Like in the 60s.

Not quite. You could get proper 5 star until at least 1979 which had
roughly the same effect. Once this disappeared we used to spend ages
concocting fuels suitable for running 12:1 compression ratios properly

once
the scrutineer had checked our washed out tanks only had grot 4 star in
them.

??