Don Foreman

On 21 Jan 2005 10:52:03 -0800, "Ronnie" wrote:

Hi Kids:

I need to build an antenna mount for a motorcycle, and the antenna has
to stand up vertically for use, then fold down horizontally for
storage. Currently using a RAM ball mount, but the RAM isn't strong
enough to hold up in wind. Hence the need for a "rosette" joint.

I may be calling this thing the wrong name, so let me explain: What I'm
looking for is round, somewhere near 2-3" in diameter, is a two piece
design and is held together by a bolt through the center, kinda like
bolting two cookies together. Remove the bolt, separate the two halves
and you see what look like "saw" teeth, that mate up with each other
when bolted together. You loosen the bolt and "ratchet" the thing
around to where you need it, then tighten the bolt. You see these on
adjustable handlebars for motorcycles, some types of adjustable ladders
and scaffolding...things that bear a lot of weight but need to swivel.

Any steerage to the right direction would greatly appreciated.
Ronnie Lyons
Meridian, ID

LORAN antenna mount. Marine supply place might have 'em.