John

wrote in message
ups.com...
My Ideal Isar has been a nightmare, having it's PCB replaced *six*
times during the warranty period. I should have signed up for more
cover of course but I felt that if it went again I would throw it out
the bathroom window onto the concrete driveway below, then go out and
buy a more reliable boiler...

Now I've had a nice new driveway installed, I don't want to dent it.
The f***ing thing has failed again and I need a new pcb (it has to be
that, there's no other electronics in the thing). Ideal want £170 to
visit (and hopefully fix it) - I can easily change the PCB myself but
who keeps them in stock (apart from Ideal themselves)? Or am I destined
to pay the £170?