Tony

Default washing machine "grindng" noise

Martin wrote:
i never even thought about a metalic item of clothing lodged
somewhere..strange how most of us dont think of the obvious.

Since the noise started to occur all of a sudden, it could be that
something has been lodged. I'll have a scout around with a torch at
the weekend.

Our tumble dryer started making a god awful noise one day. Had it in bits
and found the cellaphane wrapper from a pack of fags had got caught up in
the drum fan. I'd never have believed such an insignificant bit of plastic
could cause so much noise. Took a lot of fishing around to pull it out and
all was peace again.

It was only a matter of removing about a hundred screws and god knows how
many panels and other bits to get at it. And for once, I had no bits left
over when it all went back together again :-).

Tony