T i m

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:48:00 -0600, "jakdedert"
wrote:

Jerry G. wrote:
This can be anything that you did. You may have bridged some traces or
connections, or didn't properly solder some of them. If you made any
bridged connnections or created a critical opened connection, there is
a chance that some other components have been damaged.

It could be none of the above. He may have disturbed a loose connection
which was in a totally different area.

I did check for that .. and was pretty careful when moving stuff
about. I took the main board out and removed it from it's plastic fame
to give me good access all around. I carefully worked on it on my
antistatic mat (mainly so I didn't damage the friends table I was
working on) using my Weller thermostatic soldering station and
de-soldering pump. All the plugs were sized / polarised to make
incorrect re-fitting nearly impossible?

All the best ..

T i m