gw

"edog" wrote in message
oups.com...
The floor is stained (cherry type finish) with polyurethane on top. I
have a mixture of spills and drips.

So far, this doesn't look good. I didn't know it would be this
difficult to get the paint up. If the finish is stripped I don't
care... I'd rather look at that instead of white paint. I guess
sanding is the only option ?

Have you tried a product like Valspar's Goof-Off? I know it works for latex
paint, but I have not tried it on oil. They sell small cans in various chain
and hardware stores.
Try in a very inconspicuous area first.

I might also try a heat gun on a low setting. The drips may peel off of the
poly if the paint has not bonded with it.