Martin

Default washing machine "grindng" noise

i never even thought about a metalic item of clothing lodged
somewhere..strange how most of us dont think of the obvious.

Since the noise started to occur all of a sudden, it could be that something
has been lodged. I'll have a scout around with a torch at the weekend.

"Chris O" wrote in message

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
"Martin" wrote in message
i have a 18-month old Hotpoint Aquarius (WMA36). Until recently it was
reasonably quiet, but during the spin it now has become very noisy. It

now
makes quite a loud "grinding" noise when it spins - a sort of

metal-on-metal
noise. Also, when you rotate the drum manually i can hear a sort of
"rachet/clicking" noise as the drum turns.

Anyone got any thoughts as to what it is likely to be? Dodgy bearings,
brushes, motor..???

Bra wire trapped through hole and sticking out of drum?
It's happened to every washing machine I've owned!

Al

Exactly the same happened to mine. Didn't know what it was originally and
eventually the noise stopped so I ignored it but later the machine started
leaking and I found it had lodged in the pump and gradually bored a hole
through the plastic housing of the pump itself !

C.