Mike Harrison

On 21 Jan 2005 15:34:31 GMT, wrote:

"Paul \( Skiing8 \)" wrote:
wrote in message ...
"Paul \( Skiing8 \)" wrote:
"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
i have an aging sonicare toothbrush with a slowly failing battery. i
understand there supposed to be non replaceable...but im gonna try

anyway!
has any one on here had a go at doing this? im loathed to go out and

buy
new one....cus its one gadget i wouldn't be without...but there

expensive
replace just cus it needs a new battery.

ta

Steve

They are probably non-replaceable because the case is sealed for
waterproofness..... and that could make it hard to get into.
Also when you replace the batteries it will be hard to seal it back up.

Waterproofness hardly matters for something that has just one or two
NiCd cells in it. Battery torches and toys work quite happily
underwater in my experience.

not saying it will not work or cause you any damage but over time if water
gets in it will eventually corrode and stop working

What will corrode? I doubt there's any steel in there.

Any metal will corrode rapidly in the combined presence of moisture and a few volts.
I would suggest a 'one time repair' by using plenty of silicone sealer when you put it back together
- you probably won't be able to get it apart again but it should last longer....