John Rumm

We're redecorating our kitchen soon, including replacing the two
incredibly ugly flourescent lights! I thought I'd take the opportunity
to replace the single bulb light fitting in the garage with the two
flourescents. Will I be OK to just fit a junction block and run spur
type cables to the two lights at either end of the garage, or do I need
to do more?

What have you got there at the moment? Just a ceiling rose with penedant
fitting?

If so the simplest way would be to get a ligthing junction box (i.e. one
with 4 terminals) to replace the rose. Hence you would have a L, and E,
and an N terminal, and also a Switched L. Connect both cables out to the
lights between N and Switched L.

--
Cheers,

John.