Robatoy

In article ,
"Mook Johnson" wrote:

I have some 12" x 7" x 9" MDF speaker boxes that I sould like to put a
veneer on for indoor home use.

I don't have access to a vacuum bag or cold press so contact cement or iron
on techniques are my main focus at the moment. I have limited my veneer
choice to the paperbacked variety since it has the best chance with the
contact cement method.

I'm considering the following methods of glueing.

1) contact cement both veneer and mdf, let dry to the touch. Recoat if
necessary (how do I know if there is too much glue?)and let dry. Install wax
paper on the MDF with a cut in the middle and put veneer on top of that.
Slide the two wax paper pieces apart and press veneer and MDF together
working from inside out [snip]

Use 2" wide strips of laminate instead, or small dowels to keep the
veneer 'close' but not in contact. then press the centre and as you work
outwards, remove strip-by-strip(or dowels).
Wax paper sounds way too scary to me....cuz if it rips, you're in a
whole lot of trouble.

0¿0

Rob.

"Et tu, Spongebob?"