Bob Mannix

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote:

snip
I doubt you'd save that much: we're paying c. £40 a month i.e. £480 pa
on gas for our 3-bed semi, of which most is likely to be space heating.
If 1/4 of that is water heating of which perhpas half could be supplied
by solar then we'd save £60 pa.

... giving a payback time of 10+years.

Only at 0% interest rates :-)

This is very true.

snip

Technically, the solartwin system also constrains you to an open vented
system with a hot water cylinder (or more expense putting in heat stores
etc) so when you come to replace your CH boiler (with a shiny new
condensing one) you can't easily go for a combi.

/duck
hooray!
duck/

I guess it's Blue Peter route (see other response) or nothing then.

Cheers,

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)