Bob Mannix

"Mark" wrote in message
Bob Mannix typed:

A couple of years ago, I couldn't find DIY solar water heating kits
(you could build your own manky system Blue Peter style, giving the
satisfaction of true DIY but little else,

Er
But that costs £1.9k, my Blue Peter DIY one cost £25 its been working for
over 15 years and tonight mid January ive got water at 26.4c in the
collector tank, from water at 8.5c.
sense people ingenuity money some lacking. ;-(

It was time rather than money/ingenuity but I guess a "manky system Blue
Peter" comment deserved a snotty response from someone who had built one
that works ). I had already decided it was too expensive but wanted others
comments. At least I was asking the question!

Could you furnish any diagrams on your system? The commercial one referred
to did have the advantage of being (almost) entirely non-invasive to the
existing system.

Cheers,

--
Bob Mannix