Andy wrote:
My old (20 years) faithful Philips TV-set died last day, and I have tried to
find the cause, without success. As far as I know, I think it is in the
startup circuits.
What do I know?
-Chassis: 26CS5779/13Z
-Death: Just died while watching
-Fuses: checked OK
Symptoms:
-No high tension.
-Faint hiss in speaker
-Responds to remote control but channel indicator dead.
-13V and 190V test points on board have no voltage.
-140V collector-emitter voltage on flyback transistor. No base voltage.
Unsoldered and checked OK.
-Most transistors tested by using diode test. 0.7v drop. =ok
-Diodes checked OK.

Apart from broken solder connections on the deflection board and power
supply (which should be fixed, regardless of the symptoms), your TDA3576
line oscillator may have died.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.