toller

wrote in message
oups.com...
The outlet is for a dryer. I have an eat-in kitchen and I want to move
the laundry to the pantry. So I would replace current outlet with a
junction box and add a new outlet at the end of the 9 foot extension.
It is on the first floor, so my plan is to put the junction box in the
basement and run the conduit through the floor joists.

I went to local huge depot and they told me they didn't have an ything
to extend a 240v circuit and I would have to call a pro. They also said
that I cannot simply extend the circuit, but would have to wire a new
one direct from the panel. No mention of a "4-wire" code for dryers.

Going to check eletrical supply house tomorrow and see what they have
to say

How many holes does your outlet have? 3 holes bad, 4 holes good. It
doesn't matter what the electrical supply house says.

Maybe what Huge Depot meant was that if you have to ask what you need to do
the job, you shouldn't be doing it. However that sounds way too responsible
for them; more likely the guy simply didn't know what you needed. (perhaps
because you didn't know what kind of outlet it was