Dr. Hardcrab

"HeatMan" wrote

Puron is a marketing scam started by the Chicken Littles of our industry.

I've never believed in it and now they have supposedly come out with a
'drop-in' replacement for R-22.

I know this debate has gone 'round and 'round for years now. I have
installed quite a few R410 units and have not had any problems with them
(some are going on 8 years now), but I usually will not sell it unless the
customer asks for it.

And as far as Kathy's question about the availability of R-22: Heatman will
probably agree with me that there is so much out there now that I don't
think we will EVER run out even if they stopped making it today. Some say
the price of it will skyrocket (just like R-12 did), but I think the price
will come DOWN (because of the glut).

Time will tell. Who knows: In another 10 years they will do away with
central a/c systems because we will have a little unit that you carry in
your back pocket that will give you heating and cooling and it will run off
of methane (thus the "back pocket" design)....

;-]