I thought it might be around that area but other things (like
overvoltage to the HT) can cause TV's to shutdown can't it?

HT overvoltage would be a PSU fault. If you mean EHT overvoltage...

On second thoughts it might not be set up like that, I dont do tv
repairs any more. SMPSUs can be a right pain now with their overzealous
protection schemes, so youre right its not necessarily a psu fault.
Just a question of starting where things are most likely. Thats the way
when you cant divide and conquer, and with todays overprotected psus
you often cant.

Its good you know the risks, i just never know whos going to read these
posts on a public ng.

NT