D. J. Dorn

Default Electrical question about a switch

About a month ago, the magnetic switch on my Griz 1023SL gave out. The
result was the inability to shut the saw off and relay didn't kick out for a
full 30 seconds after I shut the power off at the breaker. Grizzly was very
decent about and allowed me to swap it out for a new one even though I was
three weeks out of warranty.

My question is a result of my suspicion that the replacement will go out in
time too. When (if) that happens again, I'd like to swap it out for a
standard on/off switch. Since it appears to be next to impossible to bypass
the relay on the current one, I'd be looking at a different switch. The saw
draws 18 amps at 220 which is a horse - my question is the degree of switch
I'd need for a replacement. I see that the 220v contractor saw that Griz
sells is non-magnetic and is rated at 15 amp - would this suffice or if
there is something else I should do, I'm open to ideas. Hopefully, nothing
will be necessary but I tend to try and solve problems before they even
arise. Sure results in allot of potential problem solving?

Don