jim rozen

In article , Ignoramus1606 says...

I did a quick google search and found many types of sonex. Which one
would you use? Do you have experience with it?

Sonex is basically anechoic foam. We use it because we have
many very noisy vacuum pumps that run in our labs, and they
would drive us nuts otherwise.

These are hp and up pumps that are electrically driven.

We build a large plywood box around them lined with sonex
foam, and install one or two large muffin fans to circulate
air through the box so the pumps don't overheat.

Once they're boxed, you can't tell they're running, except
for the fan white noise.

Jim

please reply to: