Roy

Default Aluminum wiring...

get some compression lugs.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:29:04 -0600, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

===For the welder rectifier I'm assembling, I need some filtering (so I hear).
===Since I have some #0 AWG aluminum wire on hand I'm going to wind it around
===some MOT cores. I already made one (barely managing to squeeze ten turns on
===it, there's space for two more but the wire is too tough!), with about 1/16"
===cardboard shim and welding the core back together (MOTs are normally welded,
===I don't see anything wrong here).
===
===My question is, what's the best way to hook up the wire to the rest of the
===system? The welder's power transformer is wound with aluminum wire and just
===clamped on the output terminals, so I'm guessing a washer and bolt will do.
===But this is 7 strand, not solid... I might be able to do it, or it might
===squish apart. I suppose I could drill a hole in a block and use a clamp
===screw to hold it in place.
===
===Tim

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Sooooooooooooooooolow to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS